Saturday 5 November 2011

Melt Down

Drawing close to the time to load my first novel on Amazon/Kindle and I'm scared out of my wits.

What if readers won't like it?  Is it really ready to be e-published?  Heard so many disaster stories, how poor edits destroy a reputation before its even built.  Is my protagonist believable?  Does the plot hold together?  Should I query literary agents and wait? 

Never did I consider these things when I started to write.  Fingers flew across the keyboard, characters, plot, and surprise endings - simple stuff.  Confidence crumbled at first draft reading.  Put the next blockbuster to rest.  Five weeks later, opened it up and began to revise.  Three drafts later and it still didn't gel.

Now its ready.  Right?  Maybe not?  The circle of self-doubt fires up once more.

So, you wonderful writers out there, how did you cope with the jitters?  Did you experience a mini melt down?  And if so, how did you get past it? 

No comments:

Post a Comment