Saturday 4 February 2012

Tweeting the Bluebird

It's confession time; I have an addiction.  It started out innocently enough.  A friend recommended I try twitter and always being open to new things, I signed up.

I still remember the writer who gave me my first follow; I was hooked, clicking the follow button until my tweet finger ached.  And I wasn't choosy, oh no, I just kept on clicking.  Then one day, Twitter advised I had reached my follow limit - something about a balance between followers and following.  What a crash.  Still wanting all those tweets but having no say in the matter, I began my withdrawal, slowly but surely hitting the unfollow button. 

My sadness didn't last long however because, lo and behold, pruning and weeding led to an abundance of  much more informative, helpful and entertaining tweets!  Hooked again, but in a different way, I now chose with more discretion.   I withdrew from the numbers game of following and followers despite what people have said about building more and more contacts.

I have learned to limit myself and check in on twitter twice a day but once in awhile, I throw all caution to the wind and indulge my tweet hungry finger until it can't take any more.

How about you?  What's your social media game of choice? 

No comments:

Post a Comment